Bills top wide out Stevie Johnson had a performance to forget on...
Sniper’s Bullet Points
Each Friday, Sniper will be coming out with his “bullet points” series. A few valid points on why you should be high on the Bills for their upcoming opponent and season. I will also include game notes and injury reports. Without further ado:
- The Eagles 30th ranked run defense will struggle with the spread offense. Look for Fred Jackson to take a lot of draws, and quick one hole reads.
- The Bills lead the league in DVOA. This is a stat you can’t ignore, the 12 playoff teams last year came from the top 14 in DVOA through 4 games. http://www.buddynixon.com/analysis/despite-loss-bills-lead-league-in-dvoa
- The Eagles could have the worst LB core I have ever seen. I’m not sure any of their starting 3 LB’s make our team, let alone step on the field. They are unable to tackle anyone, or make any plays.
- Without Trent Cole, banged up DE Daryl Tapp gets the start with DE Juqua Parker banged up as well. Behind Babin and Parker, is Philip Hunt. He has 0 sacks, and is a 26 year old UDFA.
- With OG Kyle DeVan getting benched, and OT Jason Peters inured, the Eagles offensive line is: LT King Dunlap, LG Evan Mathis, C Jason Kelce (rookie), RG Danny Watkins, and RT Todd Herremans. This is a pretty banged up patch work offensive line. Along with the LBs, offensive line is a really weak position for this team. Vick will have to do A LOT of work to beat us.
- The Jets and Steelers could be in shambles, this opens up a huge door for the 5th and 6th wildcard playoff spots.
- McGee should be available for nickel coverage, and Reggie Corner will play in the dime. I think those two could shut out the slot options.
- McKelvin matches up real nice with Jackson. Quick non physical receivers are a matchup that I will take McKelvin in all day. This might be the game he takes a step forward
- With OLB Chris Kelsay out does that mean we see a full work load of Danny Batten? I find it hard to believe that the team will be standing up Spencer Johnson a lot. Maybe in obvious run situations.
- Side note: OT King Dunlap, hahaha at the name. What American born player can have the name “King”? That’s just ridiculous. At least CB Prince Amukamara is an actual prince.
- It is the first time in NFL history a 1-3 team has been favored over a 3-1 team on the road.
- The Eagles have 7 4th Quarter points. If the Eagles are down a lot early, and we are running the ball effectively, I find it hard to believe the Eagles will post a last minute comeback.
- The WRs on the Eagles drop A LOT of passes. They do not run good routes underneath. Pure speed and deep threat options. Maclin had a costly fumble (picture) last weekend.
Bills Injury Report:
- OUT: OLB Chris Kelsay (Calf), CB Aaron Williams (Chest), ILB Chris White (Hamstring), OT Demetrius Bell (Shoulder), DT Torrel Troup (Back)
- PROBABLE: OLB Shawne Merriman (Shoulder), OG Kraig Urbik (Knee), CB Terrence McGee (Hamstring), ILB Nick Barnett (Ankle), WR Ruvell Martin (Knee), RB C.J. Spiller (Knee), C Eric Wood (Ankle)
Eagles Injury Report:
- OUT: OT Jason Peters (Hamstring), DE Trent Cole (Calf)
- QUESTIONABLE: DE Juqua Parker (Ankle)
- PROBABLE: QB Michael Vick (Left finger), WR Jason Avant (Shoulder), DE Darryl Tapp (Pectoral), S Nate Allen (Knee), WR Riley Cooper (Hamstring), ILB Moise Fokou (Neck), CB Brandon Hughes (Hamstring), DT Cullen Jenkins (Tricep), OT Winston Justice (Knee), DT Mike Patterson (Knee), WR Steve Smith (Knee), QB Michael Vick (Left finger)
No roster or practice squad notes to discuss either way except for the Eagles signing DT Derek Landri, and putting promising DT Antonio Dixon on IR. You will see DT Derek Landri in this game at certain points due to the banged up Eagles Defense.
Buddy Nixon’s Blake will be releasing a full game preview today. Look out for it!